Monday, June 6, 2011

But how strange the change from major to minor........guess the song from those few words?

I don't have to guess it, I know it very well. It's ';Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye';, an evergreen standard by Cole Porter. I think the definitive version was that sung by Ella Fitzgerald. This was one of my late mother's favourite songs and she often used to play it on the piano. Thanks for the memory, EJ.



EDIT: Reggie - if your first link is Ella, I'll eat my hat! The video maker should not be using her name in this way.But how strange the change from major to minor........guess the song from those few words?
It WAS lovely on the piano ..... Thanks, EJ.

Report Abuse

But how strange the change from major to minor........guess the song from those few words?
yes lovely song and used a lot in movies and other artists
http://www.risa.co.uk/sla/song.php?songi

enjoy
Cole Porter - Every Time We Say Goodbye (sung by Ella Fitzgerald, but covered countless times since)
I Did a Prime Minister by Edwina 'Bang-Bang' Currie?
leave that junk alone
Everytime we say goodbye??

Can't remember by who.
Every Time We Say Goodbye
  • mobile
  • tvs
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment