Monday, June 6, 2011

Disapointment and change of major?

I tried very hard to maintain myself in junior college as a science major. I spent five years at JC, two years of which was to fulfill highschool level class since I took the GED after 9th grade. Finally I transfered to a university and now after only a year I am being dismissed for not meating minimum unit requirements. Now I am in a serious relationship, and also have to worry about my parents finacial situation therefor I've decided to apply to a state university and persue an accountancy degree. As much of a heartbreak as this is I know I'm doing the right thing. I just worry about the disapointment of parents and my mentor who worked so hard to get me here. I don't really know much about accountancy. Can anyone tell me what I should expect as far as the level of difficulty and how the job market is for someone with only a bachelors degree? What income should I expect? Eventually I'd like a cpa, but now I just want to finish school and work.Disapointment and change of major?
Oh my - you've come way too far to not finish out school. I've worked with many students in your same situation -- You need to decide if Accounting is what you want to do. It is a LOT of hard work and if you are so-so about it, then don't pursue it. Why not transfer into something more generic, like a BS degree in business. Then, if you fair well doing that, try to go for the accounting stuff. Without the degree, in accounting, you'll wind up being a payroll clerk or similiar. If you are looking towards a CPA, you need to get a bachelor's degree. Id meet with a good academic advisor at your insitution and tell them your dilemma and see what they can suggest. There might be options out there that you aren't pursuing or thinking of. Good luck.Disapointment and change of major?
Be Patience! It檚 difficult to find one檚 positions in this world. Accounting is a good major. It is a very rigorous and structure curriculum. I know a few accountants and I don檛 know any that gets paid less than 40 thousand dollars. You will have to take an exam if you want to be a public one. It檚 a hell of a lot of workut then again so is science.
you can still pursue a science major in a state university. I am a biological engineer and when i graduate i will have a bachelor's of science. Those degrees are still there, don't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment