Monday, June 6, 2011

Help! What should I change my major to?

I always thought I wanted to be a teacher. Now, I'm a sophomore majoring in education and I don't like it. I'm in my last year of community college and am transferring to a state university next year, but now I need a new major. How do I decide?Help! What should I change my major to?
Think of the subjects you like.



Next, find majors that lean heavily on that subject.



Then filter those majors by finding the job paths that they lead to and choosing only the majors that lead to jobs you have an interest in.



Then just single one out.





It's not easy finding what you'd like to do, but that's the general process. Good luckHelp! What should I change my major to?
Drop out of college and work at a fast food joint. You'll get promoted to manager in no time.



Seriously though... research different careers online. You can even take a personality test to see what careers generally fit your personality. For example here is one website that has such tests: http://www.funeducation.com/Tests/Career

No comments:

Post a Comment