Monday, June 6, 2011

UC college apps. What majors should I apply to each UCs for? What are each UC good for?

ELC (eligibility local context) student. Pretty sure I will get into less competitive UCs.



Academic is strong, except the fact that I'm screwing up my senior yr (couple B's, borderline A's, possibily one C, never so bad before). Hope they don't take senior grade into admission consideration.



Applying to almost every UC's except Merced.



I'm doing college apps. I have no idea what majors to apply to. I don't know which schools are good for what major (except my sister told me Davis is good for science but no one cares about design major). Don't know what major to avoid because of popularity. No idea how hard it is to change major. It seems like if I choose this major, it's hard to change it later in some schools, and that will be what I'm doing for the rest of my life.



Unclear about future. Though not literature, med (but med-related is ok), or law. A little leaning toward art and math but definitely not purely art or math. So lost. That's why I'm here to ask.UC college apps. What majors should I apply to each UCs for? What are each UC good for?
Since you don't seem ready to apply yourself to a specific major, I'd recommend that you try undeclared. To be honest it is not difficult to change majors or select a mojor once you are at a University. Of course there is some paper work and you will need to meet with some advisors, but you will have to do that anyway.



Popular majors are pretty standard across the board. Guess why? No one really knows what they want to do for the rest of their lives, liberal arts majors especially, which is why those are so popular.



Business is popular

Communications

Electrical Engineering is becoming impacted

Biological Sciences

Political Science

Psychology

Along with other liberal arts



Just go for the best University and worry about choosing a major after you get your feet wet. But please don't choose a major just because it can get you money or because 'you're good at it,' do something you like and you will be much happier.



The UC's stack up against eachother as follows:

Berkely (Best Public University, good for any major)

UCLA (Great Reputation, ok University / Good in law and medicine)

UCSD (Just a hair behind UCLA / Great in science and engineering)

Irvine

UCSB (PARTY!!!)

Davis (About the same as Santa barbara)

Santa Cruz

Riverside (About the same as Santa Cruz)

Merced (Brand new and no one really knows)



Hope this helps.UC college apps. What majors should I apply to each UCs for? What are each UC good for?
Well it depends on you, and where and what you want to do. Here's my guess on the popular majors of each UC-

LA- Medical

Berkeley- Law

SD- Science

Davis- Agriculture?

I'm not so knowledgeable in this area, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment