Monday, June 6, 2011

Should I change my MAJOR?

I am a psychology major. I'm about to start my sophomore year in college. Before I started college, I was going to go into Nursing but changed my mind at Orientation and switched to Psychology. I LOVE psychology but I think I just like learning about it. I am not sure if I'd like to get in that career field. I am a very structured person. I think Nursing would suit me better because there are things to follow, certain ways to go about treating patients, etc. I may not be explaining myself enough or in the right manner. Any information on Nursing and how should I go about getting informed and making not only an educated decision but also the RIGHT decision?Should I change my MAJOR?
http://nursing.about.com/. It gives you a more detailed explanation about nursing. If you feel that you would like to be dedicated to nursing, then you should make your decision as soon as possible. After all, you've already wasted one year in an area which is solely for enjoyment.Should I change my MAJOR?
Why not go into psychiatric nursing? There are clinics and hospitals begging for people with this kind of training. Look into it.
You don't have to go to college to get into that field. My cousin-in-law has a degree in Aerospace Engineering and is making a kiling at computer software. I know another guy that has a degree in Chemistry and went to school for 13 years total, and went into business. It isn't as much the major as the experience. Most companies look at if you went to college more than what school or what major. I wouldn't worry.
Talk with an Advisor, they will help you if you find one that actually does their job.....







you should stick to nursing if you reallly feel like it would suit you better in life, but also when ever you have time take a course or two in psychology so your still having fun learning about it
I just changed my major (physics to political science) I saw counsellors and academic advisors who helped me very much. Definitely go into nursing if that's what your heart says. I'll bet that psychology will come in handy when dealing with patients. The counsellors at your school are there to help and your tuition pays for it so use them!
you have to know what is best for you. Weigh the decisions carefully. Look for how many occupations you can use you nursing degree and then your psychology degree. Determine how committed you will be to each field. And then make the best of which has the more advantages that fit your lifestyle. Remember you don not want to wake up one morning down the line and hate yourself because you hate you job because you earned the wrong degree. Good Luck..............
you should do what you feel is right. this is a decision that only you can make as it is you that has to spend your life time doing it.
take a major that will get ayou a job later on..nursing is a good option, since I know hospitals go to canada to recruit nurses, even before they are done...and it seems to be a pretty easy education. You could take psyc as a minor if you seem to love psyc. With psyc you would hae to do your Master and PhD before you could either teach or do anything really with it (in my opinion).
I think the person who suggested being a psych nurse has a good point. Natasha is also correct, you can't do much with a Bachelors in Psychology, you would need to go to grad school.
Stick with psychology because I was in nursing and it was harder to grasp. The waiting list is long to get in and you don't spend just 2 more years in college more like 3 to 4. At the Bachelor's level, it is even twice as challenging. Besides you are almost done with your associate's in psychology degree so why change it now. Also have you thought about being a psychiatry technician. They are almost like nurses. You can have a certificate, 2 year degree or a bachelor's just to get a job. If not, have you actually tried working as a volunteer at the hospital or being a medical assistant or certified nurses aide to help you decide if you really want to become a nurse.
  • how to put numbers on keys
  • get fake nails off
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment