Monday, June 6, 2011

Please help me out....This is the 8th time I post this without one response,,?

I want to write a statement of purpose but I am changing major? Both my bachelor and masters degrees were in Management Information Systems (MIS) in the college of Information Technology.. Now I am planning to apply for the PhD program in Political Science, could you please provide me with some tips on how to write the SOP, because in this case the whole SOP should be based on why I am intending to change my major.Please help me out....This is the 8th time I post this without one response,,?
You may obtain an informative answer if you rewrite your question to give much more detail about why you are changing your field. Your current question does not give enough information for me to try to answer it. Good luck.Please help me out....This is the 8th time I post this without one response,,?
The fact that you have posted it so many times without success would suggest that we don't have many PhD holders on who have changed majors after getting their Masters. I don't know why not, there must be millions of them worldwide. Look, see if you can get an interview with the Department Head of the PolSci department, he hopefully has experience with someone doing what you want to do and can offer you some advice. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment