Monday, June 6, 2011

I just turned 19 and am pursuing an engineering degree but my dream is to be a film director...?

Everyone says that it is impossible to get into the film industry. And with an engineering degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, how hard will it be? How should I pursue my dream? Change majors? Internships (how?)? Film school?I just turned 19 and am pursuing an engineering degree but my dream is to be a film director...?
nothing is impossible in this world you can do what u think it is your life but don't waste your time. You must try for it now because after passing time there would be nothing to catch so be fast but thinking and giving a lot time to your dreams.

by the way

thankx for being a directorI just turned 19 and am pursuing an engineering degree but my dream is to be a film director...?
I'm currently a Mechanical Engineering major trying to pursue a career in directing/scenic design for stage. I personally chose this major because I felt that it would help me in the more technical aspects of scenic design and give me an edge in that regard in addition to the fact that if I can't get a job in this difficult industry I can always work as an engineer.

To try and work towards my dream I've been taking theatre courses on top of my engineering curriculum as well as having theatre internships in the summer and working on shows.

I don't know how much engineering will help you with film directing, but it could always be useful as a backup so you don't have to be a starving artist!!

No comments:

Post a Comment