Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Changing major to nutrition to actuarial science?uld you like to ask?

Changing major to nutrition to actuarial science?

I am a nutrition major and over the past 3 years, i didn't enjoy much of my classes. I love science and how human body work. but I'm really not so interested in community/public health/foodservice MGMT.

I'm good at numbers and solving problems. Actuarial science seems very challenging.I looked at the degree plan and find those math class interesting. I can graduate this December with a dietetic nutrition major. Or If I take enough classes in the following 3 semesters, I will be able to graduate in Actuarial science degree next summer. what should I do?? I feel ok about being a dietitian but I seriously think dietitians are underpaid. I meant. We spent 4 years in college taking nutritional science/bio/chem/nursing classes and we have to do 6mo post graduate academic/clinical intern and pay for the extra education.I don't know if its worth it to do nutrition. Actuarial science seems like a better option for the long run.Changing major to nutrition to actuarial science?uld you like to ask?
The actuarial exams are some of the most difficult tests in existence. It's been said that you should study 100 hours or more for every hour of the exam you will be taking. So for exam 2/FM for instance, you would need to devote at least 200 hours to studying for it to have a good shot at passing. Also, it should be noted that thousands of math, statistics, and economics majors fail at least on of the first couple of exams.



I'm not saying all of this to scare you away, but rather to make sure that you understand just how difficult and strenuous it can be to become an actuary.
  • How often do you wash your bed sheets
  • no head control
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment