Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Question about Purdue Major?

I am a senior at a high school in Ohio and I applied to Purdue - West Lafayette. I got into my second choice, Aeronautical Engineering Technology. How is it different from Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering? I want to become an Aerospace engineer, so could I transfer to Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering major immediately before I start classes ,or after a semester. I hear that changing majors is simple at Purdue, and that the freshman year courses are very generic, which would make transferring simpler. Should or could I transfer and how soon can I do it?Question about Purdue Major?
If you know who your academic adviser is, I would email them and ask them if it'd be easier to transfer before school starts. From what I've heard though it probably wouldn't matter, because freshmen engineering courses are all basically the same. I'm not in engineering, but I've switched my major twice and am still graduating on time, so I'm sure you can work it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment