Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I applied to some schools for a physics major...but now I'm thinking I should go into more applied physics?

All the schools i applied to were as a physics major. i been reading and now im beginning to think I won't be able to go into research and development and stuff like that with pure physics. I like theory but I really don't want to be theoretical physicist. I want to be in a field that creates things that can be used by people. I want to apply physics concepts to help people and build devices not just study effects and theory. What can I do now I already applied for January and am waiting? DO you think I would be able to change majors to applied physics or maybe and enginneering concentration or minor or something or am I stuck in physics? How do colleges look at this stuff?I applied to some schools for a physics major...but now I'm thinking I should go into more applied physics?
Many people change their major in college, and the college doesn't care since that person will be paying tuition and staying at their school longer. When you decide which school you are going to, get in contact with them (after you are accepted of course) and let them know so they change it for you so you don't waste a semester doing some classes that you may not need, even though first two years are usually more general classes.I applied to some schools for a physics major...but now I'm thinking I should go into more applied physics?
Most colleges let students change majors during their first two years.



However, if the university to which you have applied has a separate college of engineering and you want to major in engineering, you should phone their admissions office and ask how to handle the situation. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment