Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How do I transfer schools while in rotc?

I recently contracted to rotc with the army, but I am considering changing majors. Unfortunately the major I'm looking at is not offered at my school. I'm in my sophmore year. Can you transfer schools, while on scholarship. What would be the process of transfering and perhaps maintaining the rotc scholarship? what would I have to do to do that? Or could I transfer from Army rotc to NROTC with a marine option and keep the scholarship? How do I transfer schools while in rotc?
You can transfer schools as long as the other school has ROTC also. Talk to the NCOs at your det. You won't be the first cadet and you won't be the last.



Normally, you keep your scholarship but the cap is tied to whichever school has cheaper tuition.



If you transfer to NROTC, you will lose your Army ROTC scholarship.

You may or may not be able to compete for a NROTC scholarship.

No comments:

Post a Comment