Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Where can I change my search visibility on Facebook?

Well, since Facebook had the last major change I cannot find the option to deactivate my search visibility. I don`t want to pop up in searches... want my profile invisible. I saw a friend whose profile can only be found going through mutual friends not through standard search.



So anyone know how to do that? Where is the option now? Thank you guys! :)Where can I change my search visibility on Facebook?
You can try this: Click on ACCOUNT (found on upper right part of your page) then click Privacy Settings. Under Privacy Settings, click on SEARCH option and you will see 2 things: FACEBOOK SEARCH RESULTS and PUBLIC SEARCH RESULTS. With the first ONE, try to choose ONLY FRIENDS option then on the 2nd, try to uncheck the ALLOW option. You may preview your profile after doing so, there will be an option on that page as PREVIEW MY PROFILE or try to search yourself on google and see if the result will be the way you want it to be. In addition, if you want your profile not to be seen by anyone except your by friends, make sure that your PROFILE INFORMATION (under PRIVACY SETTINGS) is set to ONLY FRIENDS option. I hope this helps. If not, then you could try looking for other helpful answers on the internet.Where can I change my search visibility on Facebook?
Go to your profile page. You can click on your picture to get there. In the upper right hand corner you till see a little icon padlock next to the word, Share. Click on the padlock and it will give you a drop down box for, everyone, friends, friends of friends. Also, it will tell you to go to your privacy page to change settings individually. When you click on that, it will take you to your page where categories are listed on the left like photos, birthday, etc. On the left are drop-down boxes that give you choices like ';visible to friends of friends.'; So, you can let everyone see your birthday and only friends to see your photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment