Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I need advice on whether I should switch my major or not.?

So, currently I am in the Management Information Systems Specialization at OSU. I've had an interest in computer. I really enjoy Microsoft Office, and I enjoyed beginning programming last quarter. However, I'm in an advanced programming class, and not enjoying it. The book is unreadable for me, I absolutely hate reading it and learning on how programs work, I could care less. I never minded the actual programming before; however, we just received our first lab, which is overwhelming, and then I started wondering if this is what I actually want to spend my remaining two years here, doing. This just came on strong today, I don't know if this is a normal feeling eveyrone gets, that I should try and stick it out, or if I should actually change majors. I don't even want to look at the book anymore or try to figure out some code right now.







Before this I was in Human Resources, and comtemplating between these two specializations. I don't know if I should back into that.I need advice on whether I should switch my major or not.?
I am in the opposite boat as you. I too am in MIS at Liberty U, but really enjoy programming. However, MIS is more of an analytical and management approach to IT. At a job, an MIS director would not be programming; however, it is good knowledge to have. As an MIS manager, you would be responsible for the management and integration of business processes, data flow, and information technology integration. Good Luck on your decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment