Friday, November 19, 2010

Changing major before I go to college?

Ok, so I got into University of Florida for dance, the problem is, I don't want to be a dance major, i love dance but ive always wanted to do something in the medical field.I want to change my major to pre-Pharmacy. I start school at UF in june, and I was wondering how do I change my majorChanging major before I go to college?
Changing majors is a relatively simple process. You merely go see an academic counselor in your department and get the paperwork rolling, which is usually just one sheet for you to fill out. Note that the department you are trying to transfer into may have restrictions or prerequisite coursework that you have to take before being formally accepted into their program. Some also have enrollment caps so if the department is full, you have to wait another semester. In any event, being that it will be your first year in a university your major choice doesn't matter much at all since you will be taking predominantly general education core classes regardless of what your major will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment