Monday, November 22, 2010

How do you know when its time for you to make a major change?

I lived in NYC all my life. But even as a teenager I wanted to live in another state. I lived in NJ for 15 yrs. %26amp; loved it but came back to NY bcz I found a really nice apt %26amp; lived there for 7 yrs, moved out due to ridiculous rent increases %26amp; havent been able to find a nice reasonable place to live since 2001. I'm finding myself hating alot about NY, I dont go out to socialize in NY bcz I get aggravated with the trains, buses and crowds of people everywhere, also the noise %26amp; other things %26amp; I'm constantly thinking about leaving NY to go south but everything I know %26amp; love is here in NY. But I cant stop thinking about the south %26amp; how nice it is out there. Apts are quieter %26amp; cleaner, rents more reasonable %26amp; I can have a dog. I'd also like to live away from my family to start a new life on my own. NY is a great city but I've been here all my life %26amp; I'm not feeling it so much here anymore.



Does this mean its time for me to make a change? Or am I just being miserable?



In other words,How do you know when its time for you to make a major change?
when you make up your mind to make a the change give yourself a month and then do it. Also apartments in small cities are not always that great, look into it more.



If you want to do it make a plan, find a place to live, get a job there and then go and do it. Planing helps you feel like it isn't on a whim.



Good luck.How do you know when its time for you to make a major change?
When it no longer feels right.
you've known it was time for a change a long time ago, you just don't want to take responsibility for your decision and all it's possible ramifications. Time to grow up now. Nothing risked means nothing is gained, nothing gets any better.
I think based upon your question you should leave. You listed a lot of cons on why you dislike newyork, but never any pros. It if you can't think of a good reason to stay than move. One reason why you don't want to leave is because you spent your whole life in new york and it's apart of you. it can be difficult leaving that behind when you move. Unless there is one really great reason that tops all the bad reasons for staying in new york you should leave.
you sound like you are ready for a change! you should take a mini trip to the place of your choice to check it out first and see where you would like to live. ,then go for it and bon voyage
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Though that is a cliche, I believe it.



Changing your residence may not necessarily change everyting - there are annoyances and disadvantages to living anywhere.



You may well need a change in scenery, it is hard for me to say based on not knowing you. But just don't effect your whole life to be 100% better just because you move - becoming happier takes more than a change of address. I am learning this myself.



But good luck!
Ditto to what everyone else said - It can be scary to move to a new place and away from everything familiar but it can also be a great adventure. I take it your single and do not have debt holding you in place so that is an opportunity that a lot of people would love to have.



I spent 3 years in NYC myself and I loved every second of it, that city is just exciting, but I was ready to go when I finished school and am glad I moved also.



Living in different places kind of rounds a person out, gives them perspective and a way about them that is different then someone who has just grown up and lived in the same place. I am not saying it is better, just different.



I grew up in other countries then here in the good old USA and I will tell you that people who were born and raised here {in the states} do not have a very encompassing world view ?the states is like living in the Magic Kingdom. If I was in your shoes I would get a passport, a backpack, and some good walking shoes and see some of the world.



- Inez
I think you sound like you are ready for a change. But please do some planning before, and take into account that things might not be as ';perfect'; as you wanted them to be.



I guess it only takes a lot of courage and responsability. It can make your life great, if you decide it to.



Suerte!
  • windows update
  • external hard disk
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment