Monday, November 22, 2010

To change majors or not to change majors? And if I do, to what? This is a little long. But please help. ?

Here's my dilema. I can't keep my GPA high enough to get the job I want in my major which is Pre-Med. I only have a 3.0, and no matter what I do I can't seem to get it up. From what I've read about medical schools is that they won't even consider accepting you unless you have a 3.5 or higher. So, obviously I will probably have to change my major. But the problem is that I don't know what to. I need help! Are there aptitude tests that I can take that will help to decide, and how do I talk to my parents about it? This sucks, because I really wanted to be a doctor, but I don't have the strength academically. Please help. And thanks in advance.To change majors or not to change majors? And if I do, to what? This is a little long. But please help. ?
Of you doing not so well in sciences, you should rethink this, I agree (yes you can do ';any major'; but you need an outstanding score on your MCAT). You can look at any number of careers in healthcare--there is a shortage nationwide in 4-year medical technologist, most kinds of therapists (respiratory, occupational, physical and others), all types of nursing and many others. Please consider those. They offer a good salary (not great) and you have many options. Check out at your school and those nearby for these opportunities.To change majors or not to change majors? And if I do, to what? This is a little long. But please help. ?
you don't have to major in premed in order to go to medical school. You could pick another major that you think you could maintain a 3.5 gpa or higher and do the courses that are needed for medical school (such as org. chem 1 etc)...you may need to research what courses are needed for any specific medical school you may want to go to.
  • reptiles
  • improve my well being
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment