Saturday, November 20, 2010

Is it easy to change your major when you get to college?

i'll be a freshman next year and i just want to know how challenging it is to change my requested major that i applied for to get in.



does it depend on the major too? probably most likely..Is it easy to change your major when you get to college?
As long as you meet the admission requirements of the major that you want to change to, it shouldn't be too hard. I actually changed my major after I was admitted because I didn't have the required foundation classes the major required in order to be admitted. Once I fulfilled the foundation class requirements, I went to see my adviser and filled out some paperwork to change my major.



Best wishes!Is it easy to change your major when you get to college?
The first year and part of the second year you will take courses that fulfill the core requirements. While college applications will ask what your intended major will be, you do not have to fully pursue it until the second half of your sophomore year.
You can usually change your major up until junior year, but some majors may have GPA and/or pre-requisite requirements you need to meet first.
Changing your major probably won't cause you too many problems. Some classes you've taken early may not count toward your new major, and you may find out that you need some extra classes, but your counselors/advisers/whoever will be able to help you figure that out. The ease of transition may depend on the university too. My school doesn't require anyone to officially claim a major until the end of our sophomore year, but I can't say anything about other schools... Don't worry too much about it, though. If you're considering several different majors, try majoring in two or more at once; it won't be easy, but it's doable. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment