Saturday, November 20, 2010

Is it to late to change my major from Biology to Business?

unfortunatly, for me I finally realized how learning about science just is not for me anymore. I don't want to go to med. school as previously dreamed about. After some soul searching, what I really wanted was to make enough money for myself and family. I'm 22 right now and in my junior year. Is there some way of working in a minor or 2nd major in accounting or should I just slog through the rest of my classes until I get a B.A. to then get a Masters in finance/accounting?Is it to late to change my major from Biology to Business?
How far are you in your major? If it's just a couple more classes of major coursework... then hold steady and graduate with it.



Otherwise, if it's like a dozen more courses, then switch now.



Take intro accounting courses either way. You need them regardless of being a biz undergrad or in a biz masters program.



Bio isn't bad for business either. It gives you better insight into the medical, pharmaceutical, and allied health fields. A lot of business people are idiots in this area and don't know what they're talking about when dealing with businesses in these areas. So don't just chalk off your bio as being worthless; it could make you rich!Is it to late to change my major from Biology to Business?
Well people usually declare the major in the junior year so squeezing in a minor (without cramming in more classes) would be relatively difficult. My recommendation is to stick with what you've got now and find a way to get into business later.



Visit www.collegeminds.net for all your school related questions!
I changed my major halfway through my junior year from biology to English. I had to take 18 units a semester for the next few years to complete the BA but I'm very happy I did it then. If your future isn't going to be in science, staying with the biology major won't help you at all. A double major is really difficult and you will probably be in school longer than you'd like to be. You might want to either change your major totally and not expend extra time on classes you don't want. Or keep the science major and make accounting just a minor. But if you don't want to be in science in the future, don't waste your time.
When I finally realize what I really wanted to do I was about your age...I decided to undeclare my major and declare a new major instead and realize I love this major more than anything else. I even get better grades. Sometimes I felt like it's a waste of time but I rather do something I love than sticking to something I don't love and end up having to come back to school. So I ended up with another year in college but it's worth it. You should talk to your advisor. Good Luck!
  • pets
  • how to flirt with a friend
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment