Monday, November 22, 2010

How long did it take for you to graduate from college? how many times did you change your major? hmmm!?

during which college year did you finally decide on your major?How long did it take for you to graduate from college? how many times did you change your major? hmmm!?
It took me 5 years. I never officially declared a major until I decided on Finance. But I thought about engineering before I picked Finance. Looking back, it wasnt a great decision -- I'm not interested in money, I care more about public policy, so I'm going back for a master's in what I'm really interested in.How long did it take for you to graduate from college? how many times did you change your major? hmmm!?
I decided my major during my 2nd year, and I will graduate in 4.5 years.
3 years, once!
It took me 5 years, I changed majors 1 time. I decided not to be a firefighter, and chose to study history after the first year, with a double major in Social Science. Its ok to switch it up though, you are the one that has to find the job after school....
I knew my major going right into college. I never changed, and graduated in just over 4 years.
It took me 10 years because my children were 6, 3 1/2, and 18 mths when I started. I took one semester off early on, then a year off attempting to get into a professional program. I did and am very proud to have made it in 10 years! Never changed my major. Decided on major maybe 2 or 3 years after starting out.
I changed my major once, from fashion design to animal science. I started college in 1992, and still have a year. Course I too 8 years off. Hey, it is really hard to do it when you go it alone.
I will graduate from college next year. I changed my major during high school but sticking with it throughout college. I decided on it my first year.
I have two degrees one in Engineering. This was a three year course at Imperial London.



My second degree is a masters in Business Studies. This took one rather intensive year.



In UK we have to decide before going to College / University which course we wish to study.



Apart from some limited choices on electives the subject matter is heavily focused on the subject of the degree.

There are usually options / different course one can study but all within the same general field. In my case Mechanical Engineering for my first degree.



Understand in US you have the opportunity to study at degree level several subjects and therefore can decide fairly late on which will be your degree subject or 'Major'.



Sounds good. You get a good all round education.
5 years for a BA. I spent five years because I changed my major from the Administration of Criminal Justice to a Business Management degree. After a long career in the military I decided I was to old to be a cop after my second year of college and had to do another year to make up for the change of heart.
Three majors Three colleges Two states and nine years to get my degree. I did not go straight through took some time off in between. I decided in my fourth year on my last and final major but i was not able to go full time for awhile so it still took five more years after that. Just graduated three weeks ago Magnum CumLaude
  • bitting their nails
  • a good myspace layouts
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment