Monday, November 22, 2010

College major advice please?

It's my second semester as a junior in college and my major is Human Biology.



My problem is that I no longer love biology like I once did. I used to really enjoy it but since the previous semester I just stopped liking it. Now I know it's too late to change majors.



Right now, all the classes I'm taking are just a burden and I dislike every one of them. I'm having a hard time studying and paying attention because I just don't like them anymore.



How do I enjoy this field of study once more? Is this a normal feeling once you get closer to the end?

Thanks for any advice.College major advice please?
Firstly, thank you so much for your answer to my question, it was really good.

secondly%26lt; the best advice i can give you for your answer is stop taking biology if you dont have interest in it anymore. its never too late. do somehing that makes you feel happy, therefore you will always have passion for it.College major advice please?
90% of graduates don't apply their undergraduate subject degree to their job -- the 10% are the very technical engineers, computer sci, etc.



I got a BS in Biochemistry, became an Air Force logitics officer and now an operations manager for a Fortune-30 company. No relation there except I have a piece of paper (read: Bachelor in any subject) that makes me 'eligible' for the positions I took.



Do something you want to learn more about to apply in life. If unsure and you can handle math (I assume since you like sciences), go accounting, finance or business management. In the business sector, we speak $$$ and how to spend less and make more--nobody cares what allele gave the mouse red eyes, or at what temperatue a DNA strand unwinds and what shape it will rebind into at 65 degrees.



If I had a chance to redo and pick again, I would have chosen nutrition, finance, or accounting.



As a reference point, I'm 28 years old. I want to say it is NEVER too late to change majors--you are overdue making a change and taking control when you start feeling regret. I finished my Bachelor at 18 and stayed a 5th year just to party it up and get that social experience. My parents freaked out, but it was the best decision ever.
Talk to your teacher about it good luck x

No comments:

Post a Comment