Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Has anyone ever had a major like change and how did you deal with it?

I am so confused after my divorce, 10 years married and I am left with a life I don't know what to do with. In haste I got rid of my apartment thinkng the memories would go away but now I am just lost and sooo confused...

Anyone? Experience? HelpHas anyone ever had a major like change and how did you deal with it?
I not only dealt with a separation ( not divorced yet!) but a very sick child who nearly died too. He's fine now.

What to do? Since the apartment is gone, slow yourself right down and just take it easy.

I went for counselling and found it very helpful. Someone objective who helped me figure out me was just what I needed. Girlfriends are great but not objective. And even if they do tell it like it is about you... you don't want to hear it from the girls.

I would really recommend some counselling.



After that... stick to your job, have your pity parties once in awhile, find some new friends who don't know you as part of a couple , and maybe even pick up some new hobbies. I found that making duplicates of my photographs of us together then taking one and chopping the heads off or doing something bizarre to only set of photos felt *really* good. I kept the second set because I did have to scrapbook pictures for the kids.. The man is still their father regardless of what I thought of him at the end.

Take your time.

relax,

reflect,

take long walks

counselling

friends.

It all helps. Believe me

good luck.Has anyone ever had a major like change and how did you deal with it?
you just accept change, look at it, and see what's the best that you can do with it. If you keep moving and be open, good things are bound to come. once you find a really good change, don't worry about if you can keep it or not because once something changes you for the positive, you're never the same, you can never go back to exactly the way things werebefore that change. So just take it easy, keep your head held high, and be open to new possibilities. You can't see good with your eyes closed

No comments:

Post a Comment