Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Human bio change to econ major but stay premed?

Hi. I was an econ major first year

I changed to human bio this year (2nd year @ UCSD).

I want to go to med school. But i screwed up freshman year, ending with a 2.1 GPA. I got straight 3.0's the past two quarters and this quarter i changed my study habits and i have a 3.9-4.0. Overal GPA is 2.9 now (ending my 2nd year). I'm pretty sure i can get 4.0's from now.

I've asked around, and i hear my chances for med school are slim because of my past performance.



Is it a good idea to change my major to econ, but continue taking med school classes (like ochem, gen physics, etc) and take my mcats?

That way, if i dont get into med school, i can have grad school for econ as a backup? Getting 4.0's starting now doesn't guarantee med school, but will it *almost* guarantee me getting into a good grad school for management or econ? (in other words, how much more competitive is med school than grad school?)



Is this a good idea?

Any suggestions? thanksHuman bio change to econ major but stay premed?
chances for med school where? med school is a dime a dozen these days...just another business- you got the $? Then welcome to med school
  • how to cut hair
  • web development
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment