Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I'm changing majors... should I even try to finish my online pass/fail class?

This is taken from how the Univ calculates GPA:



All grades received during a student's enrollment (except the grades of W, P, Z, and F in a Pass/Fail course) are included in the cumulative GPA. Grades from other colleges are excluded.



It states that in F does not effect GPA. So the class I am in will not transfer over to my other major, so there is no harm in failing this class right?I'm changing majors... should I even try to finish my online pass/fail class?
It depends....do you plan on applying to grad school, or is there even a remote possibility grad school is in the future? If so, having a F on your record would not be a good idea....especially for a pass/fail class, since it means you couldn't even manage a passing grade (and some grad schools have their own method of recalculating GPAs to include W/P/F).



It's worth thinking about....I had a major career path switch in college (I decided to apply to med school), and all of a sudden grades mattered 10x more than they had for my original goals....and I thank the lucky stars I hadn't accidentally sabotaged myself back when grades ';didn't matter';.I'm changing majors... should I even try to finish my online pass/fail class?
From what info you have given, your F will not affect your GPA. But its better to try to pass that class anyways just so you dont waist your money or time.

No comments:

Post a Comment