Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How can I successful get in med school?

Now think...I started out at a community college with a great gpa...3.9..transfered to a college dropped a bunch of courses and flunked changed majors and slowly have started to raise my gpa to a 3.3. I have two ';F';'s that can be taken off my transcript but should I just get my degree in Econ/Finance and get a masters with better grades or what? What should I do?



Please judge on the basis of what to do to make it better instead of judging my errors.How can I successful get in med school?
You'll need to take a lot of courses to boost your GPA. Med schools look at your 4-yr university grades much more than community college, so you'll need to buckle down, study, and make a bunch of As to get your GPA up. Med schools also look at your science/math GPA separate from your total, so be sure you have a lot of As in those type of courses, too. Depending on where you live, getting a GPA up to 3.6 -3.7 would be good. Make an effort to get a really good MCAT score will help, too, like above 32. Take a prep course if you have to. No matter what anyone tells you, GPA and MCAT are the 2 most important things for getting into med school. The other stuff (extracurricular, leadership, volunteering) is good, but won't get you in if you don't have a good GPA/MCAT.



In summary:

1) Do what you need to do to raise your GPA, even if it means taking extra classes that you don't need to graduate

2) Do really well on the MCAT



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment