Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Need help, possibly changing majors?

I'm a fashion design major and I'm planning on transferring to the Fashion Institute of Technology. I don't know if this is a good idea considering how bad the economy is right now. I guess my real question is, will the job market still be this bad 3 years from now? Should I should pursue a more stable career temporarily and then return to design later on? Or should I just go for it?Need help, possibly changing majors?
I had the same problem deciding which degree I should keep (the one I liked or the one that will give me a nice paycheck) I talked to a couple of advisers and they recommended me to double major or get a minor. I think what you should do is to have a back up plan just in case the economy does not increase as we are all expecting. Sometimes it is not always convenient to follow your heart but your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment