Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My therapist told me I need to change my major. But I REALLY don't want to. What do I do?

So I had an appointment with my therapist today and we talked about my OCD and stuff. He asked me how school was going which he hadn't talked about in like a year or so, and I told I changed my major to Music because I wanna be a choir teacher. And then he looked at me with that ';excuse me?'; face for some reason. He told me it's not a practical major because schools are cutting music programs.



But the problem is is that that's only in SOME places. The thing is is that I'm really happy with the educational program I'm in and I'm already halfway through receiving some of my credits. I don't want to give up on it, it's something I like doing. I tried majoring in law at first, but that just left me feeling like I wasn't really doing much for ME.



The thing is is that he's a really REALLY great therapist. He's helped me through most of my major problems with my OCD. But I just feel like I can't listen to him on this one... I feel like I'm letting myself down too much to give up on my dream. I just got this gut feeling that this is what I wanna do for my life. I just don't know how to break it to him without him trying to argue logistics with me. He called me ';overprotected'; and stuff like that. This is the first time he's ever made me feel like this. What do I do?My therapist told me I need to change my major. But I REALLY don't want to. What do I do?
he hasn't helped you if your still coming in. don't ever change your passion for anybody.My therapist told me I need to change my major. But I REALLY don't want to. What do I do?
Don't change major, change your therapist.
stick to your major. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment