Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How do I tell my professor that I want to change my major because of his class?

I took a class with him this semester just for credit, and ended up loving the subject. I feel in love with the subject and got a 100% grade in the class. He made it so intresting and I want to consider majoring in it. I want to take the other classes with him too becuase he makes it so simple, fun and rewarding. Plus I heard the other teachers are lame-o. I want to tell him that becuase of him I am considering changing my major becuase he inspired me.

BUT, he is hot, and I don't want him to think I am stalking him, or doing this for his attention. I am not far along at all in my other major. So how do I do this?How do I tell my professor that I want to change my major because of his class?
It's okay to go to an advisor and request a change of major. But, I'd honestly wait until you have taken another class in that field before making this decision. Can you take another elective class in the spring? If you still enjoy it, then its probably worth making the change. However, you need to understand this same person will not be the only professor you have in that field. He can't teach the entire class load and you will have the others to deal with as well. Make a wise choice!How do I tell my professor that I want to change my major because of his class?
Why do you have to tell him...just change your major no big deal.
me thinks you fancy the knickers of him you go girl
you do like him! haha... if you want to impress him go ahead and tell him he inspired you blah blah blah. really you dont have to, you simply find out what classes are needed for this new major you love, make a plan of when you are taking those classes, and what classes you already have and sign on for all the classes he gives. dont forget though, it is really its very important to do a lot of research, or go to an adviser. there may be classes that you probably hate and wont want to take that may be required.
I would be serious about it--tell him that you are more interested in the subject, and that you are *thinking* of changing your major Ask his opinion on the job prospects and education required. I did this with a (female) professor after I took her excellent anthropology class, and she talked me out of anthro as a major (she had valid points).
Just tell him how inspiring you found the class, and try not to blush too much while you're doing it. (Even if you do, it's okay; professors get used to dealing with crushes in a professional manner.) Ask him for advice on the other classes while you're at it; odds are you're not going to be able to fulfill every last one of your requirements with him, so you might as well figure out which ones are slightly less lame.
You could request him as your adviser and then you can chat with him about it. You also should make sure that the other professors aren't to terrible or you will just end up switching again.
well give it to him easly tell himlike it aint nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment