Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Should I change my major to become a vetenarian and how do I do this?

I'm currently a Creative Writing major but I've found I don't enjoy it as much as I used to and I don't write as often. I've always had an interest in becoming a vet but I'm worried, because I'm a sophomore, that I'm making a mistake. I've already got part of my major done. I don't know exactly how this works.

Also, what is required to be accepted into a vetenarian school? Do I need a major in biology first or is something else required? Thanks.Should I change my major to become a vetenarian and how do I do this?
I don't know what that first guy was talking about...He said that you have to be a pre-med student,which is completely wrong.But he was totally off.

Here is some info:http://www.ehow.com/how_7976_become-vete



There are some really good sites out there with great tips just do some research on it through google.com



Good Luck!Should I change my major to become a vetenarian and how do I do this?
dude u are screwed! vet is a great career, but i think it takes another 6 years. u have to do pre-med, than vet school which is not only hard, but takes 4 years. you need to do a lot of community servise also and i hope your high school transript looks preety.



i think u should just do journalisim or something related because you are going to be 28 by the time you graduate.



good luck,



whatever u do give it your all
The first problem you'd have is that SUNY New Paltz doesn't have a pre-veterinary program, which is what you'd usually major in prior to applying to vet school. The closest is probably Biology, so you might want to talk to an advisor in that department. There are a wide range of science careers that you could investigate if that's a direction you wish to go.



Something else you might consider, especially if you have strong writing skills, is thinking about journalism rather than creative writing. You could take a range of science courses and target yourself not toward journalism in general, but more toward writing for science publications, or working in the marketing or p.r. departments of an agency or company that is focused on scientific products. But New Paltz doesn't have a journalism program either.



Sophomore year is not too late to change majors, and even if the change is drastic and means another semester or so of school, it's worth it to get where you really are excited to go. If you haven't already done so, go to the career center on campus and see if they have some aptitude tests to take.



Talk to professors of any classes you have really enjoyed and ask them where a degree from their program would take you in a career. There are probably other possibilities that would fit you well that you don't even know about yet, so start asking lots of questions and see what you can learn. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment