Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Should I change my major?

Im an accounting major and I am taking my first accounting class(financial acct) and I am doing horrible at it. I dont even know if I like it or if Im basically making myself like it because I fear being a failure and I fear not knowing what I will do with my life. I have made Ds on all of the test, have a tutor, saw my professors a couple of times and I feel like Im getting no where. My sister says Im not trying hard enough, but I dont know what else to do. I feel like Im failing and I dont even know what else I would major in if its not accounting. I never took an accounting class before college, I just wanted to do it so much because I really love math and numbers and financing and stuff but didnt want to major in math. But now I realize that acct is NOT math, its more like concepts :(

Should I change my major? I feel like if I continue with this I will be a grumpy 20-something with a degree and a career I hate but only continued with it because I felt like I had to. What should I do? Im so lost. Please help. And I heard the classes get harder after this, so idk, is finance harder? does it involve more math and less concepts? I really like numbers, just not acct. How do I know that I am forcing myself to like acct, how do I know I truly like it?Should I change my major?
If you dislike and are doing poorly in accounting, then it is probably time to change your major. If you enjoy math, consider fields such as math education, statistics, etc.

If you truly liked accounting, you would be eager to learn the concepts, do extra homework, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment