Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How do I land a pharmaceutical sales jobs?

I am trying to get into pharmaceutical sales and want to know the best way to do this. I have no direct experience in pharmaceutical sales however I do have 3 years of outside sales experience plus 15+ years of direct customer service. I have a BS in Social Science with a minor in Gerontology. I have medical terminology and had started out working on my nursing degree before changing majors. I have worked as an executive administrative assistant, accounting clerk and HR assistant up until the last three years and want a new career path. And before it is suggested that I have to be somewhat attractive, I modeled in high school and college. So with all of this said...Any suggestions or leads? Any and all help is greatly appreicated! Thanks in advance!How do I land a pharmaceutical sales jobs?
best bet is to know someone in the industry. see if you can ride along with a rep for a day (shows initiative). read the following book w/ regard to interviewing: ';Knock 'em Dead'; by Yates or Yeates. i say this because i was a nurse before i got into pharma sales - no sales experience whatsoever - and, after reading the book, THAT'S when i started getting asked back for 2nd and 3rd interviews. it takes persistence... i waited an entire year before someone took a chance on me (and me and my team blew our numbers out of the water... trip to paris... trip to rome... multiple cash awards). anyone can do this job; and one doesn't need to be attractive to do it (although, unfortunately, that's a criteria on which a lot of managers base their decision(s)). also, try monster.com. type in ';sales'; in the box, and look for or hi-lite pharmaceutical sales where you're given the option - you'll see what i'm talking about. many people choose to get on with a smaller company... prove themselves w/ regard to exceeding sales expectations... then jump to larger pharma companies.



one last thing: if you can dispose of $200-300, try to get a professional resume writer to re-do your resume. mine added key words and that revision, along with reading the aforementioned book - helped a TON.



good luck.How do I land a pharmaceutical sales jobs?
You have a very impressive resume.If all of what you present is in fact true,one would think you to be an asset to any industry.Key in Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Pharmaceutical Distributors and you should be in touch with the whole pharmaceutical industry.Send resumes

No comments:

Post a Comment