Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Should I change my major/program now before knowing if I'm accepted or not (to BU)?

Alright, so I've applied to Boston University under the pre-med program Human Physiology, but now I'm starting to want to major (or at least try) Computer Sciences. Thing is, I haven't gotten a decision made on my admission application yet. I called them, and they said that it doesn't matter the major/school I've chosen there in how it affects my chances of being accepted. They said the odds are generally the same for all programs.



But. Should I risk changing it now anyways? Or wait for the decision first? I was thinking this over because, paranoid that I am, I imagine that I might not get in because of the fact that I have chosen Human Physiology (pre-med programs are competitive?). I'm not considering on doing this just to get in either; I might actually stick with Computer Sciences as my ultimate major if I end up liking it.



Also, I've heard other colleges wait-list, reject, ect. people because their choice of major/program is too full.



(Even though they said the chances are the same, I'm still a bit shaky as I'm refreshing my browser waiting for that fateful email =x)



Thank you to those who can shed a little light on this for me ^^Should I change my major/program now before knowing if I'm accepted or not (to BU)?
At this point, there is no way you changing proposed majors can benefit you. It could hurt by way-laying your application. Leave it alone.
  • cream for dry skin
  • shared hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment