Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Should I change my major?!?

I am a Finance major and took my first fiance class this quarter. Sadly, I am doing really bad in the class. My friend is doing way better than me and she isn't even a Finance major. I am not sure if it is the professor or just me. Therefore, I don't know if I should take more classes dealing with Finance. This is my 3rd years so I have taken quite a few business courses and never had this feeling of being so lost before. It is still not late to change my major to something else in Business Admin. Should I take another Finance class just to see if I truly hate Finance or just change my major to something else. I don't want to do accounting since I have taken 3 accounting classes already and don't really enjoy it. (Got B in all 3 classes so I am not wiz w/ accounting)



I think if I was to change my major. It would be a major dealing less with math since I am one of those people who understand how to do something then make stupid mistakes. Maybe something in management or marketing... Should I change my major?!?
Sometimes in college you need to change your major. If math is not your strong point, then get out of Finance! You should try to major in something that you will want to do after you graduate. I changed my major in college and it worked for me. If you are not happy and are getting bad grades, change your major, it is not too late. Should I change my major?!?
Best way to answer your question to yourself is to ask why you chose Finance as your major in the first place. If it was for an external reason (my parents expected it, I thought I'd earn a bunch of money), that's not good for your long-term happiness and success. So explore where your heart is, and your answer will come out. Good luck.
i second the person above.

No comments:

Post a Comment