Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Should I change my major from HRM to Hotel Management ?

Well, here is the story. I'm currently 21 and currently declare my major as Business Admin Human Resources. If I follow this track, I will most likely be finish in 2 years.



However, after looking at all of the classes that I still have left, I think they are beyond my scope of understanding + the 90% of the professors that teaches those classes are the type that lecture on one thing but test on another. I'm the type that can only learn by going to class and license to lecture, if I'm force to read the book and self learn, I will have a 100% rate of failing the subject.



So with this situation, should I change my major to Hotel Management ? I haven't done any lower division core classes for this major so I have no idea how much longer it going to take me though and my fund for college are limitted =.=Should I change my major from HRM to Hotel Management ?
Hotel Management is a business degree with specialized information on the expertise needed for running a hotel. I don't see that changing your major makes any difference in your ability to successfully complete the degree. If you are truly unwilling to ';read the book and self learn'; you are unlikely to be able to complete any degree at a university. You need to make a decision to apply yourself to the hard work needed to EARNING a college degree or perhaps reassess your employment options. As you say college is expensive. You should meet with a career counselor at the Career Center at your school asap. You should be able to work out a plan with the help of a counselor. And if you decide a 4 year degree is really not in the works for you--there is no shame in that. You can make a good living and be happy with a technical degree if you choose the right field for you. Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment