Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Is it a bad idea to change my major from Music Industry to East Asian Studies with a Business emphasis?

I am currently majoring in Music Industry, but I haven't been able to decide on a career path and am not a talented musician. I originally went into Music for the love of performing, but went into the industry side as my teachers said I would struggle a lot in performance. Now, I am not sure how I feel about Music Industry though. I am also taking Japanese and have had a lot of success with it. Because of that I have a lot of credits towards an East Asian Studies major and will be an exchange student in Japan next year. That would put me further behind in Music Industry and give me even more credits towards East Asian Studies. At this point, should I just change my major? What career options are available?Is it a bad idea to change my major from Music Industry to East Asian Studies with a Business emphasis?
Either are fine. Most people end up working in fields unrelated to their majors anyway. What is more important than major is your internships. And under either major, you can do 2 internships, one in each. That will give you a better feeling for which you like better.Is it a bad idea to change my major from Music Industry to East Asian Studies with a Business emphasis?
language skills can be parlayed into interpreter for govt and industry.
  • make sure a college coach
  • hairstyles for long hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment