Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How can I build up my self-esteem?

I have been in school for couple years and I waste a lot of time in college. I have seen many of my classmates transfered to university or graduated from school. When I think about myself I feel depressed. The thing is i have been changing major a lot of time. If I had made a right decision of what I should do I would't spend so much time in college. Today I just turn 25 I realized that I become older i don't have much time to waste as I was young. what i need to facing to are marrige, support my family, to be a real man who can take care everything for my family. Having these presure in my mind I am strugging in keep going to school and get a degree from University so it will better off the rest life so my family or Since I did not doing good in school then I should just get out from school and find a full-time job cause I wanna be make , I dont wanna be like that ...I want to do something good for them ....How can I build up my self-esteem?
Dude, here are some simple steps that are definitely gonna help u.



1. Force yourself to look yourself in the mirror, even if it is painful.

2. Look at yourself deeply in the mirror. Say all of the things that you hate about yourself.

3. Turn around slowly 3 times and repeat ';I love myself'; 3 times. Give yourself a big hug. You might feel silly, but it's ok!

4. Smile at yourself in the mirror. Smile as big as you can, even if it looks weird.

5. Write all of the pros about yourself.

6. Then on a different piece of paper list down all of the cons about yourself.

7. Read the cons. Next to each con, write how you can solve it. For example, you might have written that you are fat. Then you can write that you are going to have healthy eating habits. Be specific- don't just write ';I'm ugly';. Write what you think is ';ugly'; it might be crooked teeth, bulging eyes, fat lips etc.

8. Be active - it will cleanse your mind and it is healthy. Even a short walk around the block with your iPod is ok! Do it daily, and stick to it.

9. If you are bullied, it's time to tell someone you can trust- your parents, school councellor, etc. It's not ';snitching';. It is simply doing the right thing. No one has any right to hurt you in any way, physically or mentally. The best way to stop bullies from bullying is to overkill them with kindness. Smile even if they say mean things. Be kind and helpful. NEVER show your anger or sadness.

10. Don't be a bully yourself! Don't even gossip! You might be tempted to, but stop right there.

11. Find appropriate affirmations to repeat often to yourself.

12. If you are shy, try ';I am very confident';,or ';Everybody likes me';. If you do not think you are very clever, try ';I am a very capable person';.

13. Say them as though they are true at this time. Affirmations are powerful and they will help you.



Tips -

* Don't compare yourself to others- you are you. Be the best that you can be.

* It is important that you like yourself and that you realize your importance.



Dont let failures get you down. You have a long way to go my friend. Best of Luck. Succeed in life and then u can come here and share with every1 your success story.



Best of Luck my friend. If u want more info, I'm just a mail away.



Do well in life :)How can I build up my self-esteem?
I would recommend that you stick it out and finish school. Rest of life is a long time and 25 is not too late. I've seen too many people struggling because they made a wrong choice early in life. Try to select a course that you can finish within 2 years or less. You can also get a 2nd shift work and perhaps go to school in the morning. If the company pays for your school, that would be great.



About your self-esteem, get a job, get to school. Keep yourself busy. You have no more time to lose.
first things first,dont watch ur frenz.everyone moves at their own pace,in their own timing,looking at ur frenz takes away the time that can be devoted to u,ur upliftment and progress.also,my mother always told me, ';dont watch what ppl have,yuh never kno how they get it.'; thats just a way to say ';u do u';

now for ur self esteem, u need to do some introspection,find out the gr8 things about u...trust me u have wonderful things about urself.u prob make someone laugh,u're really good at fixing stuff, u handle emotional situations well,u've accomplished something u never thought u would or stuff that may seem everyday/normal to u but many others cannot or are not able to do,for example,just going to college,etc.u just need to kno what u're gr8 at how much ability u have

it took me awhile and i'm still learning but it helps

i wish u the best of luck,plz dont get down. i havent even met u and i can tell u u're capable of so much more and worth so much more than u're giving urself credit for.

No comments:

Post a Comment