Tuesday, September 13, 2011

So burnt out with Pharmacy as a major, should I stick to it or change my career goals?

here is my story:

I am very burnt out with working in pharmacy. I been working there for 5 years and i am sick of it. And now i am really uphappy with this job/career. Intially i wanted to go to Pharmacy School and become a Pharmacist, now i have no desire/motivation to pursue it anymore. My current major is Biology. Right now i lack complete motivation, not even a pinch of desire to go to work or study pharmacology. I am often late to class because i do not even want to study this subject. Should i change my major....i spend almost the whole day thinking and researching.

Due to this: My grades have fallen from A's to C!!!! and i hate going to go work at a pharmacy. And dont even ask about how i feel emotionally, im sickSo burnt out with Pharmacy as a major, should I stick to it or change my career goals?
Stick it out, you're just in a valley.



If you quit now, you'll have nothing to show for it. When you're finished school, you can take a year or two off, go do construction or travel or something.



Everybody hates going to their jobs after awhile, it's something you have to learn how to deal with as an adult. No matter what you do, the more you learn about it, and the more you master it, the more tedious it will become.



Pharmacists don't take their work home with them. I'm yet to see a pharmacist with bags under their eyes and they all make a decent salary.So burnt out with Pharmacy as a major, should I stick to it or change my career goals?
Try seeing a career counselor or psychologist at your university. It sounds like you have some issues that a professional can assist you working through. Most schools provide free confidential counseling services.

No comments:

Post a Comment