Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How often do you need change in your life?

(And we aren't talking underwear here)



I used to need major changes in my life about every three years. I'm finding that my life is now becoming more settled..... why is that?How often do you need change in your life?
I grew up thinking constant change was the ';norm.'; Didn't everyone go to 4 different 1st grades? Didn't everyone move all the time all over the country? I thought everyone did that. So change is something I embrace...it's a part of me. Granted, now that I'm much older, I don't look for change for changes sake...because there is a part of me that enjoys the settled bits...but change is good, we learn, we grow, and if we play our cards right...change opens up a new world to discover and revel in.How often do you need change in your life?
The only thing that endures is change

Report Abuse


too often
I'd say you are becoming experienced enough to know more of what you are looking for up front, so less changes are needed in the long term.
I think my life changes every year without even trying to change it!
not a fan of it really had to much of it as a kid like to plant roots now
It really depends if you are happy with your life...there are no set amounts...you probably found that thing in life that makes you happy and ya need to celebrate it! I lot of people never come to that point...good for you girl!
I need change whenever things are not going well in my life....



I guess your life has become more settled because you are satisfied with your life and happy with your life as it is....
life changes me. if i want it or not.
A lot of that is age relevant.

I am amazed at how restless I still am at times. I still find I haven't found that safe place where I am utterly content. I want change and yet I don't!

But I do find change harder to accept as I age. I like the status quo.

Maybe when I am no longer on this planet, I will finally be satisfied.

Unless there is an afterlife .......and here we go again! LOL
I could not agree more. Well, I could, but it would take too much effort. After I return from Denmark this spring I will be known as Betty. Is that a big enough change? This kind of goes with the '; Whose shoes would you walk in? '; question. The downside of constantly making major changes in one's life could mean that one is not really happy with who one is. That doesn't seem to be true in your case. What do you mean by major changes? For me, changing which toothpaste I use is a major change.
I always need change. To me change is part of growth. I can't learn if I'm not experiencing new things or new situations. (That's not to say that all change is rewarding either!) I've always been the type that is like a ';rolling stone'; though. Until I got married, I don't think I stayed in one spot more than five years.
I have 1 year and 3 month left on my car lease...then it is time for a change again.....smile
  • hair of the dog
  • oil filter engine
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment