Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I want to go into optometry but I'm a communications major?

Hi there. I'm a community college transfer student (2nd year) and I'm applying to the UCs (UCLA and Berkeley) as a communications major...I've worked toward that for the past year or two, but I've realized from my brother (who's an optometrist) that I want to go into optometry.



I know that you can major in anything and still apply for optometry school, but how does that work? I know I have to finish a series of courses (general chem, organic chem, general bio, etc.), but I haven't even completed those yet. Where and when could I finish them? At another community college? Could I finish those requirements before I graduate? What are my options?



Would majoring in communications set me back from going the optometry route? I would try to change my major, but the UCs have a cap of 90 semester units in order to apply as a transfer student...I won't be able to transfer as anything else besides communications without going beyond the unit cap.



Help!I want to go into optometry but I'm a communications major?
stay the course but focus on taking additional science courses. although I'm a bit confused (or just ignorant) -- is there actually a professional degree for optometry? I know that opthalmologists go to medical school, but not sure about optometrists.I want to go into optometry but I'm a communications major?
Hi

I am not familar iwth the UC's cap of 90 semester credits, but if you have to stay a comm major, I would do what you have to do and find a way to take the required science classes as either electives, during the summer, or when you have a semester with a lighter workload.



I would also contact the admissions offices at the optometry schools, especially UC Berkeley's, if that is where you are applying to finish undergrad. Also, look at this website about admission requirements.
  • get ride of my dry skin
  • web design company
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment