Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How did you know to change your major?

When you started college and found out your major wasn't for you, how did you find out it wasn't for you?



Were the classes too hard? Were you not interested in the classes? Were they boring?



I'm just wondering because sometimes with my major, I find a few of my classes boring and hard at times but I can't really picture myself being anything else. I'm studying to become a paralegal and I know that I can't do complicated Math. Sometimes I like astronomy and looking at the planets but that's more of a hobby than a career. If I were to become an astronomer, I'd have to take a lot of heavy science classes that I probably couldn't handle.



I just finished my legal research classes. When I look back, I liked reading case law The only thing that seemed monotonous was trying to find cases that applied to my issues because there's so much out there.How did you know to change your major?
I feel the same way most of the time. I'm just about done my first year at university and I'm in geography right now. While I don't find it very hard (it's pretty easy actually) I find it really boring sometimes and looking at all upper year geography classes offered there are only a few that I think I might find interesting. I also feel like it's a really useless major and that I'm wasting my time/money. I've been thinking about switching into something else this entire winter term and a lot of the fall term. I'm gonna try and get into computer science next year.How did you know to change your major?
There will always be classes within your major you won't enjoy...

I thought for the longest time I was going to be an architect. I loved drawing up things on my own but in my first class, I found out I really hated what I was doing. I like very few aspects of the program.



I've since changed my mind and couldn't be happier or more excited for my major :)

No comments:

Post a Comment