Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How do I choose what major I should complete in college?

I have changed my major about four times this last year. I just keep losing interest in majors I start to explore. I know I want to work with the government when I am out of college. I want a major that I truely enjoy and can obtain a degree in.How do I choose what major I should complete in college?
As much as I would love to tell you to follow your dreams and do what you love, I can't. Be practical. Political science. Chances are you're going to get bored when the level of studies increase in any major. I've switched my major four times myself. I'm an Italian literature major. What will I ever do with that? Nothing. I was pre-med when I started college. Now I'm getting a degree in Italian literature. It's too late to change it.How do I choose what major I should complete in college?
If you want to work with the government, Political Science is always a safe major.
find a job you want, figure out what it takes to get that job and then go for it, get your degree in the major it requires and then get the job that you want.
i'd say that political science or international relations would be a safe bet with the job you're going for. also, some government officials have been known to major in sociology, psychology, or philosophy. really, it's best to pick a major that's somehow relevant to the job/lifestyle you'd like to have but that you'll also be able to get enthusiastic about. it can also be useful to talk to someone who really knows the programs at your school -- i've always found it useful to meet with my academic dean if i'm planning out my future because she really knows what the school has to offer.
  • Suggest a duvet cover for me
  • client side script
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment